What is a Student Services Coordinator?
Student Services Coordinators are teachers who provide instructional, career, collaborative, and supportive assistance to career and technical education (CTE) students. Collaborations include working with parent, community, business, and industry and working within the school system to best promote success for career and technical education students. In addition, duties of the Student Services Coordinators focus on the recruitment, enrollment, instruction, retention, placement, and follow‐up of students preparing for high‐skill, high‐wage, high‐demand occupations and/or nontraditional employment in new and emerging careers.
Who can receive support services?
CTE Support Services are available for students who:
- are economically disadvantaged
- are academically disadvantaged
- have limited English proficiency
- are non-traditional by gender in their chosen field
- have a disability
- are a single parent
- are a displaced homemaker
What do those services include?
- instructional aids and devices
- adaptive equipment
- integration of academic and career education
- assistance to overcome any other identified barriers to success