Hello, it’s nice to meet you!
My name is LaKenda Price and I am so excited to have you as part of the GLCSD Career & Technical Education Family! As your School Counselor, I am here to help ALL students be successful socially, emotionally, and behaviorally so they may access their educational potential without barriers.
Here’s what I do at within our programs:
- Classroom Lessons – I visit all programs to teach social-emotional skills such as feelings, communication, problem solving, diversity, respect, etc.
- Small Group Counseling – I facilitate small groups for students who need a little extra support in a certain area.
- Individual Counseling – I meet with students short-term to work through problems affecting them at school.
- Consultation with Staff/Parents – I am available to meet/talk with teachers and parents to help support students and provide resources and education about issues affecting children.
Here’s what you should know about me:
- I am ONE part of the team that works to help your child succeed.
- I like to get to know ALL students so they may feel connected and safe while they’re with us.
- I respect your right and your child’s right to privacy. Confidentiality is a big part of my job.
- I love it when parents reach out to me for questions, concerns, and to share positive things about your child.
- I love the work that I do and feel very passionate about helping children become respectful and responsible citizens!